Is Java the right choice for you?
Here are some reasons why Java may be right for you:
- Java is free to download. Get the latest version at java.com.
- Java is Platform Independent Write once, run anywhere
- Java is an object-oriented language
- Java is Easy to learn. There are a great collection of Open Source libraries
Where is Java used in Real World?
- Android Apps: If you want to see where Java is used, you are not too far away. Open your Android phone and any app, they are actually written in Java programming language.
- Server Apps at Financial Services Industry: Java is very big in Financial Services. Lots of global Investment banks like Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Barclays, Standard Charted and other banks use Java for writing front and back office electronic trading system.
- Java Web applications: Java is also big on E commerce and web application space. You have a lot of RESTfull services being created using Spring MVC, Struts 2.0 and similar framework․